Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Card Chain Challenge Reveal for April

 I find it so much fun making a card for someone somewhere else in the world.  I think we're making friends one card at a time.  

The challenge for the April Card Chain Challenge was to use at one of the options below, from Color Palette, Sketch Option, Theme Options to Product/Technique Options.  It's all your choice.  The new challenge for May is already up at Card Chain Challenge


I hadn't done any paper piecing for some time and I thought now is the time and I chose a Julie Nutting gal again. It's a 2014 copyrighted stamp set without a name and I searched for an hour to see if I could find a name and hopefully I found the right stamp name of "for you".   

Yes, I cut the dolls and dresses out by hand.

This is actually the first time I've used this stamp since I purchased it.  Shame on me.   The bees are a brand new set so I mixed some old with some new.  The lovely background is from an old calendar with such pretty pictures.  I thought it worked out well for a backdrop.

I cut up clear plastic from those take out clear plastic boxes you sometimes get from restaurants and keep them on hand for making clear sticks to back anything that needs a sturdy see-through base.  It worked out well for these ladies and the bees.  You can see them clearly here, but they really do blend in well in real life.
  

Another View
Supplies:

Julie Nutting "For You" Cling Stamp
My Favorite Things Honey Bees stamps & dies
Clear plastic from clear restaurant boxes (make bees look suspended in air)
Background from old calendar
Copic markers
Papers - left-overs from other projects 
Vagabond die cut machine

I am entering the following challenges:
DL. ART "Anything Goes 
A Perfect Time to Craft - Anything Goes #4
Crafts Galore Encore - "Anything Goes" #111
Ally's Angels  "Anything Goes"  #69
We Love 2 Create "Anything Goes" Challenge #4 My Favorite Things Challenge (Outside the Box die & bees - yes they are part of the Animal Kingdom)






1 comment:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fab box card with your paper pieced dolls, Arlene! Love the little bee trio too!!