Sunday, May 7, 2023

My First Matchbook Card Playing the Craft Roulette Game

I've never make a matchbook card before and it was very easy to put together.  I just followed the directions for scoring and cutting.  I cut my front background panel sideways, but you can't really tell - I just know.  LOL.  I cut a die from white paper and colored everything.  I hope the little church can be yellow, but I'm not changing it.

I played the challenge that Craft Roulette spun the wheel to determine what four categories would be part of the challenge.  Here are the project categories. 

Project: Matchbook Card (This is my FIRST matchbook card)
Colors: Flowering Field (red, green, blue, yellow)
Element: Birds (two red birds in the trees)
Random: Woodgrain (two trees with wood grain)

The front of my card looks like it could be any regular card, but it's not.  The bottom piece with the sentiment is folded up and the top panel folds down into it like an old matchbook.  It was easy to make the base card if you know the measurement for scoring.  I watched a you tube video. on Barb Stamps YouTube.
I used the last piece of some beautiful background paper plus the sentiment paper scrap.


You tuck the top panel under the sentiment panel to close it just like a matchbox.

Supplies:
Frantic Stamper Winter Church in the Wildwood Card Panel
Copic markers
Paper and sentiment from stash
Vagabond die cut machine

I'm entering the following challenges:
The Paper Funday - "Anything Goes" w/opt twists - no embossing
Love To Scrap Challenge "Always Anything Goes
Mix It Up Challenge Anything Goes #65 NBUS (Never-Before-Used-Schtuff) #50 Never used the sentiment
Ally's Angels  "Anything Goes"  #6









6 comments:

Darnell said...

You did a fantastic job with your first matchbook card, Arlene! Everything is beautiful and your execution is precise! I've never made one, but I love the look of it and will check out the video. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

Cindy C. said...

Fun project!! Must make some matchbook cards myself!

Donna Walls said...

Lovely Matchbook card, I've never tried to make this style. Thanks for sharing with us at the Paper Funday Challenge and we hope you'll play again soon.
Donna xx
Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
Paper Funday Challenge
Inspiration Station Challenge

Becca Sadler said...

Beautiful country scene and unusual format-style, Arlene!! Well done! Thanks for participating at Ally's Angels and Mix It Up! --Becca/DT

Becca Sadler said...

Arlene: Please check out FarmQuest General Store challenge blog. We'd love for you to link up your card there. FQGS is an always farm and country goes themed challenge blog. Competition #4 started May 7 and will end early on June 5th. Each participant can enter 5 projects. Anything that evokes rural, outdoors, country topics are welcome. --Becca/owner

Rachel said...

Oh cool-what a neat card! Especially love how you did the trees! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenge! Rachel DT