Saturday, September 2, 2023

August Card Chain Challenge

August Card Chain Challenge has ended and our cards are being revealed at the Card Chain Challenge, where we really do send and receive creations from all over the world.
You can see the directions and choices below.  I found it hard to decide which or how many options I wanted to try.  LOL



I was trying for fruits and came up friends, just maybe.  I used a digital background that was pre-colored, but I added more depth with darkening the teapot & some other items as well as adding some tan colors to the all white waves and curves of steam.  I do have a couple cherries and strawberries, but I saw that as a lost cause and hopefully "HELLO" is acceptable as friendship.  LOL
Even though the die cut "HELLO" is made of several layers, I thought it blended in too much, so added red and green stickles and yes, they certainly do stand out.

Supplies:
Whimsy Hello Word & Shadow Die
Vagabond die cut machine


 


8 comments:

LOU said...

Gorgeous card Arlene.

Dotty Jo said...

Works beautifully, Arlene! This is gorgeous and just a little bit different for you. Thanks for being a lovely link in our chain again, Jo x

Julia Aston said...

What a fun and full digital image Arlene - so pretty with the added shading you did and the glittery sentiment! Julia xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful slimline digi, Arlene - perfect with the shimmery HELLO!!

Bastelmichaela said...

Wow, this Slimline Card is verry beutiful..Wow...

Angelnorth said...

I think you could just argue that they’re fruit teas! Lots of lovely stuff going on here Arlene, love the added sparkle and your extra shading on the background.

HilaryJane said...

So much to look at on this one. Love all the details and colours. I am so glad you were pleased with my card. Thanks you for your lovely comments xxnn

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous digital background and love the sparkly hello
Carol x