Thursday, September 28, 2023

Starting a Little Journal

I really haven't been much into journaling, but I thought I'd give it a whirl.  I bought a little journal and made one page - yes, this is going to be slow going.  I wanted something for Fall, some soft Fall colors and I really do like this first page.  It may not be what most would do, but everyone is different.  I hope you can see the potential to start your own Art Journal.


My first play and page in my Art Journal

I thought the outside looked a bit drab & made this tag holder to go in the black outside panel.  It even looks good just like this, however it's not functional.  I made this pocket to tuck into the black panel of the journal itself.  I just wanted you to see the panel (made from the Timeless Rounded Corners set).  I cut the panel 4 times, cutting one of the panels to add more room inside the panel so I could make a pocket big enough to put the little tag in.  The fourth cut was thin silver paper and I glued everything together.  The silver panel was sprayed with lime and blue sprays with three of the flower die-cuts masking the silver paper.  I then sprayed the flowers with a dark blue over what was already sprayed, took the masking glue off and glued the 3 flowers on the rectangular tag inside.  I may work on adding something to the tag, but I rather like what I've done so far.

Here is the completed outside of the journal.  As you can see the outside of the panel is the reverse of the tag.  The flowers and rounded panel are part of the Timeless Rounded Corners die set.  Think about what you want and your pocketbook too.  I ordered the Square Art Journal , Timeless Rounded Corners,
Cabin Love and Journal Phrases 2 so that I would have a solid base on which to build with a mind on getting the most with the money I wanted to spend at this time.  I don't always do it this way, but I wanted to dip my foot into the journaling world without spending an arm and a leg, like I usually do.  LOL

Supplies:
Elizabeth Craft Designs Square Art Journal 
Elizabeth Craft Designs Timeless Rounded Corners
Elizabeth Craft Designs Cabin Love
Elizabeth Craft Designs Journal Phrases 2
Elizabeth Craft Designs 
Maple Leaves
My Favorite Things Grid stencil
Vagabond die cut machine
Oxide Inks -  Fossilized Amber, Iced Spruce, Peeled Paint, Wild Honey & Wilted Violet on my inside page
Dylusions Ink Sprays (Fresh Lime and London Blue) for the front rounded panel

I'm entering in the following challenges.
The Corrosive Challenge - “Anything Goes” #9
Love to Craft Challenge ‘ “Always Anything Goes” #76
Mix It Up Challenge Blog Anything Goes” w/opt twist #67
DL. ART "Anything Goes"
A Perfect Time to Craft "Anything Goes" #9
NBUS - Never Before Used Schtuff - Journal & all die-cuts - brand new


1 comment:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love your leafy page, Arlene! You will find these ECD journals addicting!