Sunday, July 30, 2023

A Cute Birthday Card - All From My Favorite Things Products

Just a little reminder to join Die Cut Divas for their Birthday Challenge. 
ONLY ONE MORE DAY!

A cute Birthday Card for you with the following parameters set by Craft Roulette's Turn of the Wheel on Friday.

# 174 - Project: Circle - wheel & headlights on car
Colors: Wizard of Oz - Ruby red, Yellow brick road, green fields
Elements: On the Road - black road with white stripe on left side
Random: Add Wings - bees with wings

Here is my take on the above categories.  I started with the scene from an old calendar (the mountains are covered by the "black road" piece on the left side) and added a bright red car.  I now wish I had made gold side mirrors instead of black because the left mirror blends in with the black road.  I added green grass, flowers and bees. (The flowers are in pots, but I hid the pots behind the grass).  I colored the front and side panels with a Y08 Copic marker.  I do love the color.  I quite like the result and didn't realize that I chose these wonderful My Favorite Things products.  I mean the bee driving this car is outrageous fun!  It is so cute in real life.


You can see part of the road on the left side, back panel
Supplies:
My Favorite Things Outside the Box Grassy Hills Die-namics
My Favorite Things Honey Bees stamps and Dies
My Favorite Things BB Sittin' Pretty stamps and Dies - all the flowers
My Favorite Things Carpool no longer available at My Favorite Things
My Favorite Things Balloon Bundle (Happy Birthday)  not available at MFT
Copics markers for panels on front & side of card and the flowers and bees.
Old calendar page - panel behind the car
papers in stash
Vagabond die cut machine

I'm entering the following challenges:
NBUS (Never-Before-Used-Schtuff) #52
Ally's Angels  "Anything Goes"  #72
Polkadoodle's Craft Challenge "Anything Goes" Wk30
Pammie's Inky Pinkies  "Anything Goes"- Monday thru Sunday
Allsorts Challenge  Anything But Square
Crafty Catz   "Anything Goes w/optional twist of Hot Colors" No Opt Twist here
Krafty Chicks  All Occasions - Birthday here
Gem of a Challenge - "Anything Goes"  Wk #15                  
Creatalicious  "Anything Goes" Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge "Anything Goes using Paper" #551

11 comments:

Darnell said...

Arlene, this is so cute in cyber world, too! All the bees are just darling and you have given them a fun and colorful scene to star in! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

brenda said...

This certainly fits Allsorts 'Anything by Square' brief and it's such fun, thanks so much for joining us this week.

B x

Dena J said...

Adorable busy bees in your fun box card! Thank you for joining the challenge at Allsorts and taking up the no squares option as well.

Leanne said...

I like these box cards, and yours is super cute, awesome, and I am so happy you played our All Occasions challenge at Krafty Chicks Challenge this week. Happy Krafty!

Leanne DT Member/KCC
Krafty Chicks Challenge

TK said...

Adorable box card -- love all the fun layers!

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

A fabulous card
Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge good luck Ginny DT
Penny's Challenge

Mervi said...

Stunning and lovely card!
Thanks for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Sarah said...

This really is anything but square!! Thank you for joining in at Allsorts this fortnight. Sarah DT

Tone K. said...

So cute and beautiful! :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Creatalicious! :)

Wendy Jackson said...

Such a fun pop up box card and lovely colouring …they are such cute bees

Thanks so much for joining us on the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday challenge at Digi Choosday !

Love and crafty hugs from

Wendy (DT)

Nunzia Carusio said...

Love the design of your card 😍
Thanks for sharing it at Polkadoodles challenge!
Hope to see you again soon.
Nunzia DT