Monday, July 17, 2023

#172 Z-Fold Card

My first Z-Fold card and it was so easy.  I don't know why I never did one before.  Just forget all the measuring and fold an A2 size card front panel in half with the fold being turned back from the card.  Ok, much easier than that sounded.

The parameters for this episode of Craft Roulette was:
Project: Z-fold card - why I made a Z-Fold card (LOL)
Colors: Any Colors (how easy was that?)
Element: Old - the stamp sentiment is a Stampin' Up 1995 wood block stamp
(Simple pleasures are life's greatest treasures)
Random: Something from my "mesk" (messy desk) - calendar page

1. I took a kraft A2 size card and measured 1/2 of the front card to fold back.
2. I folded it in half and covered with patterned paper.
3. I chose a strip of checkered yellow & white card stock & closed the front to see where to glue the strip on the inside of the card.
4. I die cut the calendar panel, black cardstock & then the inside patterned paper.
5. I adhered the calendar panel to the black paper & glued them to the front 
6. I adhered the patterned paper to the other black paper & glued them to the inside (To match the inside of the black panel with the outside black panel, I put the Patterned paper panel front against the back of the outside calendar panel so the glue would be facing the inside, but matching the black panel on the outside.  I put the card face down on the table and held the panels together as I closed the back down onto the glued panel.  It worked like a champ.
All done and I'm very happy with it.  It will be on its way to it's intended victim, umm friend.  No coloring either - unbelievable.  

I'm entering the following challenges:
A Perfect Time to Craft- Anything Goes # 7-2023
Love to Craft Challenge ‘ “Always Anything Goes” #75
Mix It Up Challenge Blog Anything Goes” (I did not do option) #66
DL. ART "Anything Goes 
Polkadoodle's Craft Challenge "Anything Goes"  Wk #27
Digi Choosday - "Anything Goes" 

 

 

6 comments:

Dawn T said...

Cleverly done Arlene. It's a great card incorporating the elements.

Dotty Jo said...

What a great card, Arlene! You are the queen of the fancy fold and no mistake, Jo x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Pretty Z fold, Arlene - just love the papers you combined!

creationsnz said...

Seeing this took me back to summer in Provence Arlene. What lovely colours and papers. CarolG

Wendy Jackson said...

Such a great card and lovely use of the calendar…I love up cycling projects… ❤️

Thanks so much for joining us on the Polkadoodles Digi Choosday challenge at Digi Choosday !

Love and crafty hugs from

Wendy (DT)

Helen said...

Another wonderful project Arlene! I love this fun Z-fold with it's beautiful panels. A great make for your desk! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Love the Craft Challenge.:)