Thursday, November 2, 2017

Hero Arts Vintage Travel Ideas

Today at A2Z Scrapbooking, we're showing how versatile the digital kit of Vintage Travel is.  This is one of my favorite digital kits and I have always used the old autos or some of the other images, but I have rarely concentrated my efforts on this postage stamp type image.  I printed the Travel Post and trimmed it to 5 1/4" X 4".  The wonderful lady in the old fashioned hat is from another image which I cut out by hand.  I colored her hat and I also laid down some more color on the ship (I almost called it a boat).  I took a white card and sponged it with Wilted Violet so it took on a deep shade for my background for the Travel Post panel.  I spritzed it with water and then adhered my panel to the card, with the lovely lady going on the lower corner with just her hat peeking over the violet card.  I wanted a personal touch so used a sea sentiment.  I love using those Nuvo Chrystal Drops too.  They make for great texture.


One of my friends is going on a trip up to Alaska by ship and this will be perfect.


Close-up.

Supplies: 
Hero Arts Vintage Travel Digital kit
Wilted Violet Distress Ink
Copic markers V91, V93 &V 95, R39 & B14
Tim Holtz Sizzix Thinlits Friend
Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer (just got it and I love the spritz spray - perfect for spritzing :)
Nuvo Crystal Drops Crushed Grape

1 comment:

Cindy C. said...

Wonderful 'bon voyage' card for your friend!! You're absolutely right the 'sea trip' die cut is perfect for your design.