Saturday, April 22, 2023

Box Card Design for A Craft Roulette Spin

 This is the second time I've played with the categories from a Craft Roulette Spin, however, this is the first time I've actually been able to join in posting my creation on the Craft Roulette blog due to having other "stuff" get in the way. 

You can't see the plaid in the black paper making up the "box" of the card, but it is also plaid, yes, really plaid. 

Here are the parameters:
Project: Your Card Choice
Colors: Strawberry Field 
Elements: Chair 
Random: Gingham or Plaid

Side View

Project: Your Card Choice (Box Card)
Colors: Strawberry Field (strawberry blond hair, cup, flowers &
chair & vase colors
Elements: Chair (chair)
Random: Gingham or Plaid (plaid)
When I take out a stamp and die set to use, I cut more than one piece out, so I used my time cutting several pieces out and then coloring the ones I wanted to use, such as the chair.  I never would have colored that chair yellow green EVER! I think it looks cute and works as a fun card.
Supplies:
My Favorite Things Outside the Box
My Favorite Things BB Our Story stamps & matching dies
Not sure of what die the sentiment is stamped and cut on.
My Favorite Things black & white plaid 6X6 paper pad (1st time using this piece)
Copic markers
Vagabond die cut machine

I'm entering the following challenges:
NBUS (Never-Before-Used-Schtuff) Plaid paper piece
My Favorite Things * Must Use MFT Outside the Box dies
Polkadoodle's Craft Challenge "Anything Goes" WK16
Digi Choosday - "Anything Goes" 
Pammie's Inky Pinkies  "Anything Goes"-#2315
Crafty Catz  "Anything Goes w/optional twist of celebration"  Not particularly a celebration card.

3 comments:

Dawn T said...

Fantastic Arlene. It looks stunning and you've got all the elements down pat. Beautifully done.

Curly said...

i love this out of the box card, The stamp set is adorable,
Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz this week we hope you will join us
again.
Happy Crafting
Bridget CCDT

Christin said...

Totally sweet! Love your card in a box! Thanks for playing along with us at DigiChoosday! Christin