Sunday, January 2, 2022

December Card Chain Challenge Reveal

 The challenge at Card Chain Challenge was a Tic-Tac-Tic-Tac-Toe challenge, meaning we're challenging ourselves with a 5 X 5 grid.

To challenge yourself and also make new friends across the world, check out the Card Chain Challenge blog.  I love receiving a hand-made card, so much better than a store-bought card.


It took me awhile to decide what to make, but I finally fell in love with this Winter house all done in glitter papers set onto a flocked vellum onto a matt red base.  I got two in one for both red and gold glitter papers.  I die-cut those cute birds and stamped and colored Santa Clause who is perfect for the doorway.  I used a fuzzy embossed vellum behind the windows.  I spent a lot of woman-hours die-cutting each single piece since I made 7 different houses (it took me several days), but I am soooo happy with these.  Making sure the different pieces stick is one little problem when working with glitter paper, but I'd do it again!

The birds are not part of the Winter house set, but they are perfect little birds to cheer up the house.

Supplies:
Poppy Stamps Winter House Pop Up Easel set can be found at Frantic Stamper
IO dies Birch Trees (little red birds from tree set) found at Frantic Stamper
Hero Arts Mr. and Mrs. Stamp and Cut found at Frantic Stamper
Glitter papers in my stash
Flocked Vellum from Stamping Up (last year's catalog) in windows
Copic markers used on Santa
Vagabond die cut machine

Hope your year has been GOOD, no, GREAT!



 







10 comments:

Lia said...

Thank you Arkene for the lovely comment on my blog! I like your house very much!
Lia xx

papierelle said...

Oh my god what a great house !! And so many little details. I understand that you worked on it for a long time, but it was worth it. The recipient is lucky to receive such a great card !!!

HilaryJane said...

Your house is just adorable, I am so glad you stuck at it and made 7. I expect that every recipient was absolutely thrilled. Your attention to detail and patience is astounding. Well done, you can now rest assured that your investment in the die set was well worth it xx

Angelnorth said...

This is such a sweet little house and the addition of the birds in the window ledges is the perfect finishing touch. Good to hear you enjoyed making them, makes a die set seem worth it when that happens!

Ellibelle said...

It's absolutely beautiful, Arlene! Love all the sparkle and Santa is so cute!!
Ellie
Ellibelle's Corner

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post

Rajani Rehana said...

Happy new year ��

Dotty Jo said...

Adorably cute! Love this, Jo x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow - just love your house cards, Arlene and this one is especially darling with Santa making his exit via the door!!