Sunday, September 1, 2019

New Challenge Day at Die Cut Divas

Die Cut Divas' sponsor for September is Di's Digi Stamps and I've used a pre-colored image to which I added some more color and created a snow globe effect.  This was my first try on the snow globe and it may not be perfect, but I think it's rather cool.

The prize for September's winner will be a $6.00 voucher to Di's Digi Stamps.

The September Challenge is "Free Fun Time".  You got it.  What do you do with your free time that is fun for you?  I have a friend who makes the most fabulous quilts and has sewn for many years.  It's relaxing for her and I wanted to create a card for her and an inspiration for Die Cut Divas.

I shaded the globe to make it appear to be glass, my first attempt with coloring a globe.  I am taking the monthly classes at Kit and Clowder to develop my coloring and with practice, I will do even better.  It's better looking in real life, so that's a good thing.  I also cut 3 more butters to glue dot on the card.  I shaded the thread a bit darker too and added some "snow" with a Uni-ball Signo white pen. 


A little more light on the card.

Supplies:
Di's Digi Stamp Stitched for you col . You can use the B&W version here
Elizabeth Craft Designs Thinking of You Stand Up Helper
Copic markers for the glass - B91, B00 & BG10 blending with 9 
Copic multi-line .03 (lines on snowglobe base which is a scrap of dull silver)
Uni-ball Signo white pen


1 comment:

Cindy C. said...

Super cute card, and so fun that you used the snow globe die for the sewing mice!! :)