Monday, September 30, 2019

How I colored This Image

Last day of September and Die's Digis stamps sponsorship of Die Cut Divas.  You still have time to join in the challenge right here

I thought I'd show you how I color and how things change from the beginning to the end.  I'm going to share a set of pictures where I started coloring an image and took photos at different stages of development of the entire card.

I kept a list of all the colors, but after getting organized with my new cabinet, I have unfortunately lost my list of colors.  I am part of a Toastmaster's club and made a Powerpoint to show how I make my cards and color in the images, so I was not as intent on tracking the colors.  Sorry, guys.  But I'll show you the progression from black and white to final card.


I started coloring the second mouse.

I moved from mice to a tube of paint and the paint hanging off the brush.

I'm just about finished here.

I thought an ombre sky effect would give an appearance of watercolor just to make this fun.

Finally, my finished card.

Supplies:
Di's Digi stamps Modern Art Mice
QuicKutz Nesting Scallop Squares
Elizabeth Craft Designs Postage Stamp Squares dies
Copic markers
Vagabond die cut machine



2 comments:

Dawn T said...

So pretty Arlene. I really love your process of colouring. Your colouring is so good.

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous. Fun to see the final card take shape as you color.