Thursday, June 9, 2011

June 2011 Card Chain Challenge

YES, I did get my card done... whew... Lily Pad, Lily Pad, oh, I'm singing your song.... ok, you don't want to hear my voice... not at midnight.  The June Card Chain Challenge is ON!  AND I'm IN!  I really enjoy Asian images and wanted to color this lady very simply.  She's part of a Kombac clear set (Rubber Stamp Concepts Super Size Kombac ).  And not even one swish of Distress Ink behind the lovely woman for shading... gasp.... However, I did use Victorian Velvet distress ink to stamp a marvelous tree (Hero Arts Slanted Tree - K5094) on the background of the note card.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts Everyday Sayings CL342), using only the word "friendship".  I was gifted with this lovely heart and thought it fit there.  Hope you like it.

3 comments:

Dawn T said...

awesome card Arlene. It is so beautiful.

Barb said...

So beautiful, Arlene! Love that image and your coloring is wonderful! Lovely background too and that heart is perfect!

Kary said...

Hi Arlene, this is a gorgeous card! Love the colouring and the little heart is perfect.
Thank you so much, for leaving me such a sweet comment on my blog. I really appreciate it. Have a marvellous day!!