Monday, May 10, 2010

The Play Date Cafe



I didn't realize I'd used the same wonderful colors on another card... love those colors. I't a mini or scrapling card. I picked up a leftover white sheet of card stock, folded it (about 2" X 3") and just couldn't help getting one of my now favorite background stamps out (Hero Arts Dots and Flowers) and stamping the white card. Love how the black stands out and gives so much texture.

The Play Date Cafe challenge is to use the colors black, gray, pink, and white. Aren't those wonderful colors?

I had some wonderful ribbon that's like an applique of alternating butterflies and flowers. At the same time I found this ribbon, I also bought a wonderful ribbon that has smaller flowers on each side of a sheer strip of ribbon. I fell in love with it at one of my local stamp shops, The Paper Garden . I clipped one butterfly and one flower from one ribbon and a smaller from the other and dabbed them with a beautiful color pink from Copic markers. I used the smaller flower to cover up a little coloring outside the lines on the cute little girl. I thought it added balance too. From mistakes often come good things. I used a warm and a cool gray Copic marker on the gal's outfit.

I used a free digital image from Countless Joy for my focus. Love how she turned out.

No comments: