Monday, September 15, 2008

Hero Arts Contest week beginning 9/15/08

I was thrilled with last week's subject, because I'm using that little journal right away. It's a working piece of art right now - keeping track of the stamps sets I have that I can't read when I use them... yay!

I am excited over this week's theme. Straight from Hero Arts, (HA), Shari is hosting the HA week on the HA blog. As she says:

A week of blogging just wouldn’t be right without a challenge right? So to start things off, I’d like you to create a Holiday card, project or scrapbook page that uses an element of Shabby Chic design. Just load them into Hero Arts Flickr group with the tag “shabby” Be sure to use at least one Hero Arts stamp on your card and post them by September 21st at 11:59pmPST. From the entries we will pick winners for these prize.

I think the Shabby Chic theme is starting to stir the creative minds of my fellow HA bloggers too. Shari will be sharing lots of Holiday cards with us this week and I'm looking forward to them, one and all. :)

I can envision my December journal right now. Can't you just see that Penguin in the circle in the Warm Wishes CL243 set as Tabs for the journal? And if you want to borrow that idea, go for it. I hope to have enough time to stamp a little something on each page as I was able to do on my September journal, as well as sponge all the pages some color other than white... which looks wonderful, but I'm in a COLOR mood this month.

Have a wonderful week. Arlene

No comments: