Wednesday, March 1, 2023

March is Blowing in with Scrapflower Estudio!

Scrapflower Estudio is Die Cut Divas' Sponsor for March.

The prize is the winner's choice of 4 digi stamps.


I was drawn to this image.  I recall seeing Rosie The Riveter on a poster my mother had and this reminded me of her, strong and independent.  This image celebrates International Women's Day on March 8.  I really enjoyed working with her.  She just became available last month and this is my first time using this image.  I've included Rosie the Riveter below my card so you can see why this image evoked that memory. 

Rosie The Riveter during World War 1.  See the raised arm.
This poster was part of the national propaganda campaign during World War 1 in the United States to enlist women in the workforce.
Supplies:
Scrapflower Estudio Woman Power Girl
Elizabeth Craft Designs Stitched Rectangles
Altenew Enamel Dots Green Meadows pack
Card stock in my stash
Sentiment is Hero Arts, I believe (pre-cut in my stash)
Copic markers
Vagabond die cut machine
I'm entering the following challenges:
Ally's Angels  "Anything Goes"  #67
A Perfect Time to Craft - Anything Goes
We Love 2 Create "Anything Goes" Challenge #2
Crafts Galore Encore - "Anything Goes"
The Paper Funday - "Anything Goes" 
NBUS (Never-Before-Used-Schtuff #48




4 comments:

Cindy C. said...

I love how you colored her. Oh yes I remember seeing images of that poster.

Michelle N. said...

Love the colors you chose-she is just like the poster.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous coloring on that image, Arlene - love it!!

Carole J said...

Such a fabulous image and beautifully coloured, Arlene. She looks great in the frame you gave her. Thank you for sharing your project with us at the Crafts Galore Encore “Anything Goes” March Challenge. Good Luck and hope to see you again soon!
Carole x DT Craftilicious Creations