Tuesday, November 29, 2022

The front of a Journal

 My friend, Quadira, showed a group of Toastmasters how to make a lovely journal on Monday night, so I thought I'd share the front of my journal.  This is the type of journal which is made with a regular card and matching envelope size.  Pages are inserted and the holes punched out and tied with string.  I had never made this style of journal and it was fun to see how it all went together.  I wanted to cover up the front of my card, so I embossed this flower and found a stamp & die package I had on my desk with some delightful bird die cuts from a 3D embossing folder.   I had already water colored this bird and it was perfect.

We covered the envelope with patterned paper and created our individual and unique journals.   Thank you to Quadira.

I'm sharing some links to Quadira's websites below.

Quadira's links

Supplies for my journal:
Card base - old store bought card or A2 size card base
Altenew Mini Delight Tropical Greeting Stamp & Die set (may have been free)
Sizzix 3-D Texture Fades embossing folder
Distress inks Shabby Shutters & Abandoned Coral
String in stash
Vagabond die cut machine




4 comments:

Quadira said...

Thanks so much for sharing this, Arlene! It was a fun class indeed, and I look forward to teaching more!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful cover, Arlene! I think you'll enjoy the smaller sized art journal - so fun to add pages whenever the mood strikes :)

Dawn T said...

Stunning Arlene. Lovely project.

Cindy C. said...

Wow great journal cover indeed!