Saturday, November 19, 2022

3D Embossing - First Time

 I wanted to try out the 3D embossing folders, so I ordered a Sizzix Texture Embossing folder to test it out and I am quite impressed with the depth of the embossing.  I assume most brand named embossing folders would do the same.

Because I wanted to quickly do a card and see how this would work with distress inks, I sponged Shabby Shutters over most of the card, defining the vining and leaves more and  applied the Abandoned Coral distress ink to the blossoms.  It worked out fairly well, much better than in the photo, in fact.

Supplies:
Sizzix 3D Texture Fades Embossing Folder
Shabby Shutters and Abandoned Coral distress inks
Vagabond die cutting machine
I can't remember where the sentiment came from.

I'm entering the following challenges:
Polkadoodle's Craft Challenge "Anything Goes" # 47
Digi Choosday - "Anything Goes" # 46 
Gem of a Challenge - "Anything Goes" # 24   
Creatalicious  "Anything Goes" # 247 Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge "Anything Goes" #534




 

3 comments:

Dawn T said...

You'll be hooked now Arlene! I love my 3D folders... and your card is fabulous. I like the newer Altenew ones...that have the matching stencils.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Pretty card, Arlene! Yes, those 3D folders are amazing and I'd like to try some of the ones with stencils like Dawn mentioned!

Rachael said...

I too love 3d embossing folders, and this one is great! I love how you added colour to it! Thanks for joining us at polka doodles, hope to see you again soon. Good luck!