Saturday, October 1, 2022

Inspiration with Altenew

Time to begin a new month and I am trying my hand at watercoloring, not the usual technique for me, by a long shot. I'm always using my Copics, but I do have watercolors, so I'm ready to give it a shot this month with Altenew!

With Die Cut Divas, you need to use a die or embossing folder plus the theme of the month, which is WATERCOLORING.

The prize is Altenew's Artists' Watercolor 24 Pan Set ($49.99 value is the prize ) Altenew will issue a 100% discount code to the winner.

I took some bright colors and a wet brush to cover splotches of color on cold water press cardstock. I thought it didn't look too bad at all, for splotches. hehehe. I then took two dies (never used before, sadly) and glued them together after checking if I wanted to change the colors at all, but I found I quite liked the white. I then ventured into actually water coloring an image. I thought kids playing in the snow would be perfect and colored those with colors I'd used in the background. I die cut and added the sentiment and to my GREAT surprise, it turned out much better than I thought they might.

Supplies:
Altenew Cozy Winter Vibes stamp & die set
Altenew Layered Plaid Cover Die Bundle (2 dies)
Water color set (old set)
Versafine (black) ink
Vagabond die cut machine

I'm entering the following challenges:
Mix It Up Challenge Anything Goes + opt smooshing - no smooshing here (LOL) Merry Little Christmas Challenge (always Anything Christmas Goes)






7 comments:

Dawn T said...

You've done an awesome job of watercolouring on this one Arlene. Love the background and the focal image looks great.

Cindy C. said...

Nicely done, what a great background!!

Michelle N. said...

Wonderful job watercoloring!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Sweet sledders atop that plaid and watercolored background, Arlene!!

Angelnorth said...

The “splotches” look fabulous with that crisp white die cut overlay and your sledders make the perfect focal image, love it Arlene!

Sherri Thacker said...

I love to watercolor my die cuts like this and yours came out great!!

Sheri Gilson said...

What a fun holiday card! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog!