Tuesday, June 1, 2021

June With Bugaboo

It may not be your birthday, but it's someone's birthday, so it's time to make the Die Cut Divas' (DCD) theme of the month "Birthdays".  

Since Bugaboo is the DCD sponsor this month and I love the "Sunbonnet" images from Bugaboo, so I went with the Sunbonnet Birthday Cake in red tones.  Red is one of my favorite colors and I decided to go monotone for the most part - I guess I could have had red flames, but, no, they are Nuvo Ripened Pumpkin, so still in the reddish tones.  However, if you didn't notice, my cake frosting is a creamy gooey mass of Nuvo Simply White drops. 

When you want to coordinate a matt with the image colors, just use your Copic color to edge the paper enough so that it is well covered, but you don't waste your Copics.  I used a white square, colored with Copic R29, to create a scallop pattern when viewed from the outside in.



See the gooey frosting below

Supplies:
Elizabeth Craft Designs Postage Stamp Square dies
Kat Scrappiness Never Ending Square dies
Copic markers
Nuvo Crystal Drops Gloss - Ripened Pumpkin and Simply White
Vagabond die cut machine

I am joining these challenges:

Mix it Up - "Anything Goes" (not doing the optional twist of stamping)
Digi Choosday - Anything Goes Week 22
Crafty Sentiments - "Anything Goes"
A Bit More Time to Craft - "Anything Goes" #141
A Perfect Time to Craft - "Anything Goes"  #6-2021

3 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Such sweet card! Love that cake!!

Michelle N. said...

That little girl is so darling, and the cake looks yummy!

Rose Andrew said...

Gorgeous card ..
Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Craft Challenge.
Good Luck
Rose DT