Sunday, February 14, 2021

Julia Spiri Flowers

 World Wide Open Design Team Challenge

You MUST be a DT on any Design Team in the World to be eligible to enter this Challenge ~ New exception rule, this challenge is now open to any of Julia Spiri Facebook Members, and you are not required to be on a DT.

I got to play around with a cute little owl this month as a Guest Designer for DT World Wide challenge. I think the dear is adorable and could be a Christmas owl or equally a Winter Owl with something to say to a friend.  

The challenge runs from February 15th through March 12th, Sydney Time Zone 7:00 a.m. or if you're in California, like me, The challenge starts on a Sunday, February14, at 2:00 p.m. Pacific Daylight. 

I really am thrilled with the results here.  I'd seen so many beautiful renditions of this image in December of last year, that I was rather intimidated when I started to color this image.  I used yellows (Copic Ys), light oranges (Copic YRs) and light pinks (Copic R01, R02) to color the flowers. 


 Original image below.

Take your time and it will be worth it.  
Supplies:
Julia Spiri Poppies
Elizabeth Craft Designs Rectangle dies
Copic markers
Hero Arts Sentiment (sorry for your loss) - Everyday Sayings
Altenew sentiments (Stay Strong) - Be A Lighthouse
Distress Ink - fossilized amber
Dark Brown card stock in stash
Vagabond Die Cut machine

I will enter the following challenges:






4 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

This is beautiful Arlene, thanks for being our lovely Guest Designer at World Wide Open Design Team Challenges.
World Wide Open Design Team Challenges
Cheers, aNNie DT Member
https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

Dawn T said...

Amazing colouring Arlene. A stunning card.

Cat Craig said...

Stunning coloring Arlene.

ILEANA ARTUFFO said...

Wonderful creation! Beautiful colouring!
Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge February "ATG".
Ileanaxx