Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Fabulous Awesome Friend

I made a simple design with a fabulous stencil using Distress Ink fossilized amber. The design impressed me even more after inking it up. I had to go with black sentiments, stamping the "fabulous" and then die-cutting the "Awesome" and "friend" in black glitter paper. As soon as I finished it, I needed a card to send to a fabulous friend who just got out of the hospital.

I usually don't write sentiments in my card or decorate, but I just had to tie the outside and inside of the card together.

Supplies:
Cas-ual Fridays Stamps "Starlequin" stencil (out of stock right now)
Cas-ual Fridays Stamps Bomb Diggety stamp set
Kat Scrappiness "Awesome"
Cas-ual Fridays Stamps "friend" (out of stock right now)
Elizabeth Craft Designs Stitched Rectangles
Hero Arts black decor (enamel dots)
black glitter paper from stash
Distress ink fossilized amber
Vagabond die cut machine

Challenges I'm entering:
Allsorts challenge (AG) I did not add a number option
We Love 2 Create  (AG) mixed media closing 2.25.2021

8 comments:

Kathleen said...

Great ncvhoice of colour, great background and sentiment. Thank you for joinin our Anything goes with a number challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful stenciled background, Arlene, and I love the trio of black word diecuts atop!!

Dawn T said...

so pretty Arlene. Such a happy colour.

brenda said...

Striking use of colour, many thanks for joining our 'Anything Goes/add a number option' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Cindy C. said...

So beautifully done! The warm and happy color is just perfect for the occasion.

Linby said...

A very dramatic and eyecatching design. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

I love the simplicity! It's just perfect!! Thanks for sharing it with us at PIP Challenges!
Hugs

Rose Andrew said...

Lovely card. love the design
Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Craft Challenge.
Good Luck
Rose DT