Saturday, July 13, 2019

A2Z Scrapbooking Sparkle and Shine

Please join A2Z Scrapbooking in this month’s "Sparkle & Shine" challenge for your chance at a free digital stamp set AND, if you used Hero Arts or Sugartree Stamps, a $20 gift card to the A2Z Scrapbooking etsy store

Lots of sparkle and shine here.  The background is from shiny paper covered with Distress Inks and some sprinkles of water. I thought there was so much glitter and sparkle, that I didn't want to add anything but a sentiment.  I did sponge on several distress inks on the card stock to make a more earthy card.

Close-up below:
On my last post of July 3rd, I showed you what I stored my Stickles in and now onward to how I store my Distress ink sponges.   Several months ago I was watching Els of Elizabeth Craft Designs do some sponging on die pieces and replayed the video to see what she used to hold the sponges.  I saw a plastic box and thought "that's what I'm looking for!"  I checked out grocery store plastics for different baked goods and paper stores for plastic containers.  Finally, after picking up something at Michael's I found a plastic box about 7 1/2 by 5 1/4 inches and an inch deep.  I figured I could fit 4 sponges across and 5 down for 20 on each side of the box.  Depending on how many distress inks you have, you may want something larger.  This seemed like a good size for me, one container for my distress inks (35) and one container for my Oxide inks.  I think if you could find a container 3/4 inches deep, that would work out really well too.

This container holds my distress oxide inks.  I labeled the names on the outside of the containers so I don't have to guess.

  

Be sure to use my discount code Arlene15 to get 15% off your purchase of $25 or more at the A2Z Scrapbooking store here.

Are you on social media? We are! Please join us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook? so you don't miss any fun promotions or new challenge announcements!
Hero Arts Monthly Challenge
July
Our current monthly challenge can always be found in the menu bar, and runs from the 1st to last day of the month
a2z scrapbooking store hero arts
The a2z scrapbooking store carries a wide variety of Hero Arts products as well as a nice selection of digital stamps! Get discounted new releases, sales, grab bags & more. Proceeds from our store benefit Celiac & Behcets disease foundations. Use my discount code Arlene15 to get 15% off your purchase of $25 or more.


  • Hero Arts Garden Fancy Die at A2Z Scrapbooking
  • Stickles (reds, blues and greens)
  • Distress inks - multiple colors
  • Vagabond die cut machine

2 comments:

Greta said...

Really love the background you created--beautiful card, Arlene!

Chark said...

oooh, you know I like the glitter--so pretty!