Friday, August 19, 2022

Finally I got to Simply Play!

 I had to finish two projects before I used a new die I purchased.  I wanted to make my first card a trial card, you know the ones.  If they don't turn out, it's no big loss.  Well, I really fell in love it it.  

I already had the Hero Arts Christmas stamped images colored and die cut and bagged for immediate use.  I just never know when that use will be, but at least I only have to grab something out and use it

Ok, I think it turned out cute.  Front of card from straight on. 
I love the vivid green of the Cactus tree. LOL

I used three inserts to stage the scene.  I loved the You Tube Assembly instructions as it made it quite easy to assemble my own Outside the Box die cuts.
I used every surface (back wall to front panel).

It looks like the pots are sitting on the ledge, but they are glued to paper sticks which are glued to the back of the panels.

All those strips in the set are for attaching your paper images to the main panels. 
Set of dies shown below.

Supplies:
My Favorite Things Outside the Box die set
Hero Arts Merry Cactus to You is no longer available
Elizabeth Craft Designs Merry & Bright sentiment set no longer available
Copic markers
Vagabond die cut machine

I'd like to enter the following challenges:
NBUS # 41 - Never Before Used Stuff
Christmas Kickstart Challenge #65 Never In A Nativity scene
Creatalicious - "Anything Goes" #241 (I'm not doing the optional butterflies)
The 12 months of Christmas challenge - "Anything goes" # 91 w/opt twist









 

5 comments:

Dawn T said...

What a beauty Arlene. Great die and the Hero Arts images are just perfect.

Ginger said...

Great job Arlene! I think this card is so super cute! Thanks for joining us at Creatalicious Challenge.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fabulous box card, Arlene - those cacti look so cute, especially the Santa hat guy!!

Tone K. said...

Sooo coool and beautiful card :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Creatalicious! :)

Liz said...

Fabulous pop-up box card, I just love all those cacti. Thank you for sharing your card over in the NBUS Challenge this month.
Liz - Guest Designer xx