Wednesday, February 2, 2022

January Card Chain Challenge Reveal

 As always, it's a delight to make something for a friend and I am delighted to send this card to Linda, who is on the Die Cut Divas' Team with me.  All the cards are posted at Card Chain Challenge for January.

Check out the Card Chain Challenge directions below for January's challenge - so many opportunities and it's always such a pleasure to receive a beautiful handmade card.  Even though it's too late to enter January's challenge, so be sure to enter the challenge for February.  You have up to February 7th to enter.

I made two cards at the same time in late December, this card on the same day.  I had two rectangles of this green, blue and purple paper left from other cards and managed to cut the lower half from one piece and the upper half from the other.  This was the first time I used this panel die and was able to make two cards with leftovers.  I added the flowers after cutting out the circle (Book Club die cut) that was in the middle of the flowers.  I am so happy with the finished card.  

I used three CCC theme options of NEW/SCRAPS/FRIENDSHIP in this way:
New: die (Frantic Stamper)  I made this card before the card I showed on my blog on December 26th, so technically, the die is brand new.
Scraps: digital background scraps  
Friendship: sentiment "friend"

Pieces of digital & other leftover papers I had to work with below

Frantic Stamper Sun Rays Quilted Panel
Altenew Book Club Stamp and Die bundle
Sizzix thinlit dies: Friends - sentiment
Elizabeth Craft Designs Stitched Rectangles (looks like no longer available)
Copic markers on flowers & leaves
Kat Scrappiness enamel dots - Ice Ice Baby
Stampin' Up paper for background ( Xmas type paper I think a couple years ago)
Vagabond die cut machine

I'd like to enter the following challenges:
A Perfect Time to Craft - Anything Goes
Crafts Galore Encore - "Anything goes"






7 comments:

Ellibelle said...

It's absolutely beautiful! Such great details and love the colors! A perfect die to use with paper scraps!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

So delighted to be the recipient of this beauty, Arlene!! The colors were perfect & I love the quilted ray pattern! Thanks for the die cuts too!!

Dawn T said...

fabulous Arlene. Lovely card - lucky Linda

papierelle said...

A lot of work has gone into it, but the result is stunning.

HilaryJane said...

Wonderful card, love that background die and your inlaid pieces. Great rich colour too xx

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, this is stunning, Arlene! I love how the image pops against that dramatic background, Jo x

Dagmara Gorczyńska said...

Lovely interpretation of the sketch! I love the flowers and their colors!

Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
~ DT Dagmara