Tuesday, August 3, 2021

August Brings Another Christmas Card

 I saw an inspiration photo and chose to use a die that I have never used, but has been in my binder for a year.  I cut the wreath twice from two slightly different green card stock and layered them.  I thought red glitter paper would certainly show the season and then went searching for a patterned background.  It's great to have scraps until you run out.  LOL

I glued the wreaths together, then glued the "Season's Greetings" onto the wreath so I could work with some Nuvo drops for a festive look without being concerned about the paper underneath.  I did use some light blue Nuvo Drops, but they didn't show up that well, so went with white, red and some pumpkin for the rest.


Photo Inspiration from Christmas Kickstart Challenge
Supplies:
Elizabeth Craft Designs Garden Notes Grapevine Wreath Oval (not in ECD store)
Elizabeth Craft Designs Season's Greetings by Suzanne Cannon (not in ECD store)
Nuvo Crystal Drops Gloss (Ripened Pumpkin, Red Berry, Carribbean Ocean & Simply White)
Red Glitter paper & paper scraps
Vagabond die cut machine

I'm entering the following challenges:


7 comments:

Dawn T said...

this is stunning Arlene. Just awesome..

Dotty Jo said...

That wreath is stunning, Arlene! Love how you translated the pom-poms into decorations - looks lovely. Thanks for joining Hilary and me at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

HilaryJane said...

I love that wreath, I am so glad you have now used it. I hope it gets some more outings this year. Love the idea of nuvo drops for the baubles, it works really well. Your red die cut sentiment works beautifully with the green. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Kickstarter this month, I think it is hard to resist that inspiration photo xx

R's Rue said...

What an awesome card. I love it so much. Great job.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful layered wreath, Arlene - just love all the Nuvo drops and the glittered sentiment adds the perfect touch! Oh & I love the gingham background paper too!!

Mandy said...

Arlen this is a very elegant card. I love the 2 offset layers on the wreath, it looks very effective

Thank you very much for entering your lovely card into our challenge. Good luck with the prize draw.

Stay healthy, happy, keep crafting and Creating Joy :)

Mandy ♥
DT for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up
Made By Mandy – My personal Blog

Granmargaret said...

Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at The 12 months of Christmas cards link up. Hope to see you again next time.