Sunday, July 25, 2021

Some String Art Without The String

I've never tried string art (using real string), but I don't mind giving the illusion of doing string art with die-cuts

Be sure to join the Die Cut Divas' challenge of Tone on Tone this month.   

"Tone on tone coloring or layering, is a decorative technique that takes a single or a few colors and uses different saturation of that color(s) throughout the space. The result is a room that can be dramatically transformed just by lightening or darkening of that color."

My friend, Linda, sent me these String Art Corner and String Art Circle die-cuts and I had to absolutely use them NOW.  In keeping with the Die Cut Divas' challenge of Tone on Tone, I used a sheet of alcohol inks in my stash and added both Birch Press Design die-cuts with a short sentiment in the middle of the circle to complete my card.  I just added some pale green gems and that's all it needed.

Supplies:
Birch Press Design String Art Corner
Birch Press Design String Art Circle
Little B Handwritten
Alcohol inks
Vagabond die cut machine
Pale green gems (in my stash)





1 comment:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Those two die cuts pair well together, Arlene!! Just love your gorgeous blue background too!! LOL - I haven't used any of those string art dies yet - better get busy; thanks for the inspiration!