Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Card Chain Challenge Snail Mail

 What, oh what should I do?  Lots of choices.  See below - ALL those choices!


I chose Paper Piecing and I really love the way this card turned out.  I've had about 1/2 sheet of this designer paper (used for the doll) for a LONG time and finally was able to use most of it for the dress and boots of this Julie Nutting gal, Megan.  I cut both doll and dress by hand. 

I can't believe this paper worked out so well.  The entire dress is from one cut and the semi-foiled boots from another spot in the same paper.  The butterfly is left over (actually hanging out on my Ott-Lite) from a project for my daughter-in-law posted on my blog November 7, 2019. 

Close-up of Boots below
Supplies:
Prima Julie Nutting doll stamp Megan
Kat Scrappiness Slimline Diamond Wire & Wood Grain Frame Die 
Butterfly by Echo Park and Silhouette cut on my Cameo die cut machine
Slimline die - I can't find the original wrapping for the patterned paper die-cut
Hello! stamp - maybe Hero Arts ?  I have a bunch of cut-out sentiments in stash
Patterned papers in stash
Copic markers for the hair and skin tones
Cameo machine for the butterfly
Vagabond die cut machine for dies




3 comments:

Dawn T said...

It's an awesome card Arlene. Your fussy cutting is awesome.

Julia Aston said...

What wonderful paper piecing on your lovely lady Arlene - so pretty with the background you created for her!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a gorgeous card, Arlene - love the paper pieced woman atop that die cut background!!