Thursday, February 20, 2014

Hot Air Balloons - I'm finding them everywhere!

I teamed a Dreamweaver stencil with a new Hero Arts stamp set that I think is just the coolest set.  If I'd received this before my son's birthday, I'd have made something to send to him as he is a very technical guy - a math teacher.  Since I put a pink bow on this, I'm not giving him this one, but don't you just love the way Dreamweaver plays with Hero Arts?  I would love to have this balloon floating across my screen.

The black surface is all glossy (coated with Glossy Accents).  I cut out the center and replaced it with the card stock with my Dreamweaver balloon.   A more modern style here.  As you can tell, on this cell phone, my camera is ready!

This Dreamweaver hot air balloon is a combination of different things.  I mixed glitter and some Distress Powder with my Dreamweaver embossing paste (matte white) and applied with the Dreamweaver speader.  I also covered a few rows with Xmas Red Stickles.  It was fun creating a vintage/modern look.

Hope you like this mixed up card.  Rather a fun one.

I was having so much fun, I made two more cards with this wonderful stencil.  I'm really into the Dreamweaver pastes.  Looking at them, it's a wonder I didn't try to taste the creamy goodness.  This balloon below is floating through the clouds overlooking the world.   I used my PanPastels on the balloon.

This balloon card was a strange evolution.  I painted a kraft card with Distress paints, let them dry, put the Dreamweaver Triangle Weave stencil on and sponged the VersaMark pad directly on top of some of the weave, scattered Tattered Rose Distress embossing powder on top and heated with a heat tool.  I then placed the Hot Air Balloon Dreamweaver stencil on top, applied a mix of Dreamweaver white paste and Tim Holtz Distress embossing powder.  When dry, I used a heat tool.  I wanted the two white panels to stand out more, so applied some PanPastel white. Red Stickles and some kraft die cuts with the words "hey" and "Take a Break" complete the card.   A strange but kind of fun card.  I just couldn't get a good shot of the kraft die-cuts.

Dreamweaver Hot Air Balloon here!

1 comment:

Cindy C. said...

Cool projects Arlene!