Saturday, April 6, 2013

A little Bugaboo for You from Me!

I downloaded some wonderful Bugaboo digital stamps to color in and just have fun.  One of the stamps that caught my eye so reminded me of spring that I had to have it. You may want it too.  LOL... yes, I guess I am an enabler.

I really do like the way the image turned out.  This is what I often strive for, but rarely attain - that's the critic in me.  The colors are vibrant and yet the image feels natural to me.  Ok, enough.  After coloring in the image, I looked at my pre-made note cards and papers, came up with a Michaels square card and a wonderful pad of 4" X 6" Vintage card stock.  Embossing the vintage scrap added just enough texture and the colors were so close to the colors in my butterfly that I knew I was in the zone, so to speak.  Adding a bit of green Washi tape and Copic colored gems was all that was needed.

Visit Bugaboo Stamps because it's the first Saturday of the month and an "Anything goes" challenge.  You could win some free Bugaboo images in the random drawing.  Don't you like the image above?  They have lots of images, more than I could ever imagine and free images every Friday.

Recipe:

Bugaboo For You From Me
Washi Tape
Cuttlebug
The Paper Studio embossing folder
Copic markers
    butterfly - Y13 & YR16
    leaves - YG61, YG63 & YG 67
    flower - BV00, BV02, BV11 & V17

3 comments:

Dawn T said...

awesome Arlene. I love Bugaboo images. Some of their humorous images are just great and love this one.

Cindy C. said...

Oh I do like what you did here, beautiful colourings Arlene!

Min said...

Just Fabulous! We’re so glad you played along with us this week for the Catch The Bug Anything Goes Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!
We hope you join us again this week for the Bugaboo “Theme” challenge!
Hugs & Happy Days!
~Min
Kaymin Kreations