Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Gift tags 10-30-08

Gift tags 3  10-30-08
Gift tags 3 10-30-08,
originally uploaded by Clarian's Hawk.

Made these for the mini challenge at Hero Arts during the last week of October.. They were such fun. I was able to use part of an embossed brown scrap, from which a scallop circle had been cut - worked perfectly here on the scrapling. Then I had a bit of lace to run down the side and narrow dark brown ribbon for top and a little up from the bottom. Some gems on both brow strips - the bottom strip I folded under.

The red and blue card backgrounds has the star from the Hero Arts "Warm Wishes" clear set. I took a blue toned tag (peal and stick) and stamped it with the inside of the Holliday tag of the Penguins. The saying on the red card is computer generated.

I wasn't going for as dark a red as I got, but it will work out just fine. I do like the narrow brown tone scrapling. And isn't that a fantastic name - scrapling - first time I heard it was on the Hero Arts blog. Strange name for a card, but entirely appropriate.

I loved making the little gift tags, using up all kinds of scraps from my scrap pile. As you can see, I did make a few.

Gift tags 10-30-08

No comments: