Sunday, October 5, 2008

Ewok 06032007

Ewok 06032007
Ewok 06032007,
originally uploaded by Clarian's Hawk.
My 16 year old dog, Ewok (like from Star Wars, because she looked like an ewok) went to sleep for the very last time. She was in a lot of pain; we had a little room to say goodbye in before the doctor gave her the anesthesia to put her to sleep and the overdose to put her out. She was a very sweet girl, so full of life until just recently.

She was just snoozin' in this picture. Not a real good one. She was hurting so much today, that a picture of her today would not show you the true character of Ewok. She was lively and still wanted to play when I got home from work most nights. She was such a good girl, protective but loved kids.

She used to play "Hide and Seek" with my girlfriend's son. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself. She came running into the living room when I had guests once and ran to the side of the sofa, backed up and laid down peeking out and then moved back when she heard "her" boy coming. It was the most amazing thing I'd ever seen.

I'll miss her.

No comments: