Wednesday, February 1, 2023

February and Hero Arts

The Challenge at Die Cut Divas for February is:
Add some GOLD 
(heat embossing, foiling, gold pen, gold thread, gems/sequins/enamal dots...)

This is the first time I'm using the Hero Arts "You're Magical" stamps and I am somewhat surprised by how well I liked this simple card.  I knew I wanted some stars for the background and I stamped and die cut a number of the messages that come with this set.  I used the cloud die cut, trimmed it and the sentiment die cut with gold Smooch ink  I hadn't opened the bottle for YEARS, and try as I might, I just couldn't get it to mix, so I scraped the sides and finally created the effect I liked and dotted the sky with bits of gold.  I put the cloud and sentiment pieces on double sided foam tape and laid them out on the sky, moved them around a bit until I was satisfied with the design.  Once finished, I thought it looked like stars were raining down from the cloud.   



 (thank you to my team mate Linda for lots of die cuts from the coordinating die set and for the entire stamp set)

Supplies:
Hero Arts You're Magical stamp set (Thank you Linda)
Hero Arts You're Magical Bundle
Elizabeth Craft Designs Stitched Rectangles die
Lily of the Valley (LOTV) digital Clouds Part 2 #10 background
Smooch - gold - hasn't been re-opened in years
Pilot gold marker extra fine point

I'm entering the following challenges:
Love to Craft Challenge “Always Anything Goes”
Mix It Up Challenge Blog "Anything Goes” w opt twist
DL. ART "Anything Goes"
A Perfect Time to Craft - Anything Goes
Crafts Galore Encoree - "Anything Goes" We Love 2 Create "Anything Goes"



5 comments:

Cindy C. said...

It's beautiful!!

Greta said...

Artistic & beautiful! Glad you were able to use that gold smooch!

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A great sentiment to go along with this beautiful sky card. Thank you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
Lorraine

Becca Sadler said...

Loving how you created the night sky for your card! Gorgeous! Thanks for linking to Mix It Up! --Becca/DT

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Glad you liked the set, Arlene - just love what you did with it!! That starry sky looks amazing!!