Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Card Chain Challenge for a Crafty Friend

The Card Chain Challenge (CCC) is a great way to receive a handmade card in the mail and I am so pleased that I can share my hobby and receive cards from people who enjoy making and sending cards as much as I do.  November is done and we are taking a break for the December holidays.  CCC will be back in January.  You can sign up for the January 2020 challenge from December 7th 2019 to January 6th 2020 at Card Chain Challenge.

This card went to a crafty person in England and I hope she enjoys the old truck with a snowy tree filled backdrop.  It was fun to create.  I don't usually do anything on the envelope, but couldn't resist using the negative of the tree die-cu as a stencil for the envelope with the same color Distress Ink, Shabby Shatters.


Close-up below  
I also sponged some Frayed Burlap on the lower left and bottom of the tree panel  You can see the stenciled snow background I used Distress Ink Blueprint Sketch on.  I colored the sky in B000 and B02 along the tree line (I lost my color chart I made for this). 

Inside of card below
I used some lightweight paper which has a great swirly gray pattern and topped it with the same tree die-cut as the outside, but in white.  I did write a note inside.

Supplies:
Worn-out truck digital stamp (Creative Heart Design)
Sizzix trees die
Kat Scrappiness "hello My Crafty Friend" die
Distress Ink - blueprint sketch
Snow embossing folder
Distress inks B000 & B02
Vagabond die cut machine




1 comment:

Angelnorth said...

And it's even lovelier in real life - thank you Arlene! Loved the dtail of the matching envelope and the tree line carried over to the inside of the card as well!