Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy Birthday to the U.S.A.

Be sure to enter the Die Cut Divas' challenge for the month of July.

Happy 4th of July. Happy Birthday to the U.S. The first image I thought of when I realized I would need to make a card for the U.S. state holiday.  I love the Bugaboo Fancy Sun Bonnet digital images and they are so easy and fun to color.  I teamed the image with a new die I've been playing with.  I cut the borders out of red paper and then printed and colored the quaint image. I printed a second flag to cut out and laid it on top of the original flag.  Now we have the flag flying outside the squares.   

I wanted something with the colors of red, white and blue for the sentiment.  I then realized I should just take the same copic marker colors as I used on little miss Fancy Sun Bonnet and just swiped them in alternating colors across white paper.  Swipe blue, red and leave a bit of white.  I then die cut the sentiment and was so happy with the result.

Supplies:
Elizabeth Craft Designs Garden Patch - 1 inch & Mini Daisy & Chrysanthemum
Elizabeth Craft Designs Happy Birthday
Copic Markers R27 and B24

Happy DAYS to you.

 .

No comments: