Wednesday, October 8, 2014

DAY Eleven NO Such Thing as a Mistake

I desparately need to put new batteries in my other light, but I wanted to put these two images I colored together so you could see where I goofed on the image on the right.

 You see the wonderful red Xmas cap, well, it bled red and for the life of me, when I fixed one side, the other side reddened and not where I wanted it.  You see what I did to hide the red on the upper left of the cap and the little white trim on the cap?  Yes, I die-cut small holly leaves and little berries, colored them with Copic markers and covered the spots nicely.  I think it worked out well.

Covering mistakes can lead to something new and even better things.  I will be making  cards out of these in the near future.

Hope you liked lesson 11, covering up your mistakes.  I really did have a messy spot of red and knew I had a way to keep that image after I had colored all of it.

3 comments:

Cindy C. said...

The fairy looks great! And I agree with you, the extra holy leaves make her look even better!!

Dawn T said...

good save Arlene. Looks stunning.

Kelly O said...

looks awesome!