Friday, August 1, 2014

Arlene's Hot August Nights

Those on the US western coast know another definition to Hot August Nights than the one you usually think of - right, it's hot in August and sometimes even the nights stay hot.  In Reno, Nevada, it's an entirely different outlook.  As they advertise in Reno, "Celebrating America's Love Affair with Cars and Rock and Roll".   July 29th through August 3rd, 2014, there will be nightly cruising and drag racing in Sparks (city right beside Reno), entertainment, an Auction and of course gambling for those who want to leave their money in Nevada.

You'll have to read the entire blog post over at Die Cut Divas for the lo-down on August's challenge.

I'm sharing my sample of Hot August Nights.  So easy to make with some distress inks, a nice mountain range and dies.  I flicked some water to add some texture to the background.  I told my teammates a secret I'll share with you.  I'm a sci-fi aficionado from way back and this makes me think of the Martian landscape and heroic adventures of John Carter (I read the John Carter Series a long time ago).  Shhhhhh

Easel card with sun-drenched Reno and desert mountains behind

 Front of the easel card

Close-up of Distress Inked background

Recipe:
Hero Arts OWH What a Guy (CL753)
Distress Inks Fired Brick, Warm Lipstick, Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed
Memory Box Hello Script 
Colored gems

1 comment:

Dawn T said...

fabulous card Arlene.