Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I can't get buildings out of my Mind!


I can't get buildings out of my Mind!  After I made the first card, I just couldn't stop building cards with (yep) buildings.  The base cardstock is black with a panel covered with gold wrapping paper.  My May 31st post gives the low-down on making the card, but I couldn't stop. The wrapping is quite reflective and catches colors surrounding it.  Even after these, I still wanted to do more.  I checked the Hero Arts June sketches and was wondering how to work at least one building into it.  I thought maybe I could turn one of the sketches upside down and BLAM!  There it was perfect for a CAS card.  See if you can identify the sketch I turned upside down.  The card uses the colors of the French flag of blue, white, and red.  A friend wanted a card to send to his friends in France and I thought I'd use the colors for the building colors.  GOOD IDEA!  I entered the card below in the Hero Arts Flickr June challenge under the sketch portion of the challenge.  I imagine you're going to see more buildings.  
.  I used the wonderful Hero Arts Newspaper Skyline (S5573) and the new set Heyday Thoughts (330054).  I don't think I can make a card without using a distress ink. the blue on blue paper is Faded Jeans and the red on red is Fired Brick.   I embossed black paper with white embossing powder for the black and white building.  I really like the way this turned out, but was tempted to add something else, didn't but was severely tempted.  

6 comments:

Kathy (krolski) said...

Great cards! I love the red, white and blue! Perfect!

Maureen Morton said...

These are wonderful cards - now, clean up that sawdust! Ha! You are a master architect here, my dear. Especially love the patriotic one with the message.....very original. Thanks for sharing.

Virginia L. said...

Glad that you are having fun with these skyscrapers, Arlene! I love the reflective paper and the variations of the buildings! So clever of you to turn the sketch upside down! Fabulous job you did!

Monika Reeck said...

HI Arlene thanks for visiting my empty blog :) your skyscrapers card are cool...could be for masculine card or for office people :) Lovely card you have made Arlene...Miss you :)

Eunice Terra Fomm said...

Seu trabalho é lindo!
parabéns!

Anne Gaal said...

Hi, Arlene! Fun cards using buildings! I especially love the metallic ones! ♥