Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Doves fly - ATC

Doves fly
Doves fly,
originally uploaded by Clarian's Hawk.
This is one of my favorite Artist Trading Cards (ATC)s I have made. I'm learning as I go.

I made these the same way I made my first card using acetate, but I think in the future I may paint the acrylics first. How I created this ATC using Inkadinkadoo stamp set (Asian Influence - 97616), Stampers Anonymous for the doves (M1-1252 - Tim Holtz Collection) and Hero Arts for the dragonfly (Just wanted to say - CL175):

1. Cut black matte cardstock, thin cardboard, pre-printed label for back, and clear acetate into 2 1/2" X 3 1/2" (" = inch) pieces. (Put acryllic pieces into a holder because they are very difficult to see and easy to lose).
2. Stamp with Doves stamp in clear or black pigment ink.
3. Pour and tap off clear or black embossing powder.
4. Heat emboss with heat tool.
5. Cover with three shades of blue acrylic paint (used dauber to blend. Let dry. Piece may curl some.
6. Take a damp towel and rub the acrylic paint off embossed doves. (You can lay a book on top or continue).
7. Take a clear acryllic piece and place over the painted and stamped black cardstock. You can see where you would like to set your next stamps.
8. Using white Staz-on ink, stamp the next stamps onto the clear acetate piece (I stamped on a flat surface near the cardstock, overlaying after each time I stamped to see where I wanted to place the next stamp. I used the upper part of a pagoda and just parts of the Dove stamp.
9. I used a very thin strip of tape on back of the white stamped pieces to adhere the card so the tape would not show through. There is tape for acetate, but I haven't used it. I have also used decorative brads to connect the two pieces.
10. Adhere the finished piece to the cardboard - I used two sided tape and a glue stick.
11. Adhere label to back. Label includes your name, date when ATC was made, assorted information as an email address, if this is a series and what number of that series the ATC is (e.g. Faces, 1 of 4).

Thank you for looking.

No comments: