Monday, August 11, 2008

ATC Wine bottle background

I see all kinds of chipboard items for sale and also checked out the alphabet sets for use in the Cuttlebug - great little machine for dry embossing and die cuts. (I am curiously patting the little think mentally).

I purchased the Olivia set of die cuts (40% off, yay) and found it also had numbers and some fun items as well. A tag, vase, flowers, saysings were part of this wonderful set.

I've been floundering in my efforts to come up with material I want to put on an Artist Trading Card (ATC) because I'm not sure how to lay the foundation - layer a bit of chipboard with paper/cardstock, whatever... but the boxes (tissue, cerreal, cracker and whatever else comes to hand) are sometimes perfect for a background of 2 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches. I even used the distressed bars folder (embossing folder for the Cuttlebug) on the base for this ATC. I added the vase, tag (with ribbon), stem, flowers, and "hi" to the base and all were cut from the Olivia die cut set. I love the quiet design on the tag.

No comments: