Sunday, October 4, 2015

I'm over the Moon This Fall

NO BACKGROUND CREATION ON MY PART.  THIS IS A PURCHASED PAPER PAD I PURCHASED ON SALE 

I went a bit overboard with this stencil, but I have given all these cards away already. I had to make more because everyone who saw these now want at least one card in their Christmas package. Yikes, What have I done? I hope you like these, but I have more on my post at a2z Scrapbooking. See, I did go wild with this technique and stencil.
I gave all of the 8 cards away and have to make a ton more for the holidays because my staff want these in their gift bags for the holidays.

A TIP: I did tape the stencil on top of each card by using REMOVABLE tape all along the inside of the stencil. All the places where it might lift up if you sponged a bit heavier or rougher will stay down. I have a rough sponge pad that helps get the tape off the back in soapy water as removable tape on plastic still likes to stick. I can see sooooooooo many uses for this stencil. Every season of the year could use this stencil.  





This bottom card is my favorite.  In real life, it is haunting.
I posted four more cards on the a2z Scrapbooking blog for you to see. A little more on how I put this this together follows:

The card stock is cut from 12: X 12" card stock I purchased from Michaels a couple months ago  NO SPONGING on the background, but lots of woodsy sponging of white.  I was so lucky to have found these backgrounds.  They look so natural and even a bit handmade.  I don't think I'm that good.

I had to make 27 more tops to go on cards.  I sat one afternoon and sponged  the white unicorn ink onto 27 card tops until I was done.  It's about that time when you don't want to look at another card again.  But the results were well worth it.  I had so many compliments and requests for cards that I needed to start on the rest now.  I totally LOVE this Hero Arts stencil and  Unicorn ink.
a2z Forest Stencil 2015
  • OWH Forest Stencil
  • Hero Arts Sentiments from various clear stamp sets.
  • Hero Arts Ombre Ink Light Ruby to Royal Red - used the middle section of the ink pad for seniments
  • Hero Arts Cup O' Joe Ink and Grape Juice for sentiment
  • Hero Arts Hero Hues Pigment Ink - Unicorn (I LOVE this ink)

Hope you’ll join in our October Challenge and make a "Fall" card with your Hero Arts stamps, dies and stencils. And, if you need some new supplies, don’t forget to shop at a2z Scrapbooking.  You can use code Arlene15 at checkout to receive 15% off your purchase of $25 or more (before tax and shipping).  Don’t forget that we are on TwitterInstagram and Facebook.  Follow us on these different social media outlets so you won’t miss out on any fun promotions!
Arlene
I am also entering my first card (hello) into the Crafting With Dragonflies challenge.

4 comments:

Susan Hogan said...

Arlene, these are so beautiful - soft and as you say, haunting. It certainly was worth all that sponging! Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafting with Dragonflies and we hope to see you back soon!

Joyce said...

Your sponged and stenciled backgrounds are gorgeous. I never thought of sponging in white on color. Kind of the reverse of what I would think to do. I am even happier to see your project because I have a 12X12 pad I bought at Michaels that I'd bet money is the same pad you were using. Thanks for inspiring me with additional ways to use that paper pad.

happyglitzygirl said...

Lovely cards, such beautiful colours, thanks for playing with us at Crafitng with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde

Bodyshopping Victim said...

Arlene they look beautiful. Color combinations is soothing.