Sunday, May 20, 2012

Dust em' off # 1

What am I dusting off?  Stamps, what else?  Heaven forbid, the tables...  I haven't used the the Hero Arts stamp "Getting Ready" in quite a long time.  So, following the new blog, A Blog Named Hero, I decided to make two cards for their challenge since I had the stamp out.  I had a 6" X 6" pad of paper that I've lost the top to, so have no idea what company it's from or where I got it 4 years ago.  The paper I chose has ROCK and some other things printed on it and is a brown, orange kind of color - doesn't sound good, does it?  (You can see the word "ROCK" at the gal's feet).

I chose Egyptian Gold embossing powder first - didn't like it and will tell you what I did with it on my next post today.  I went for the White Embossing powder next.  What a contrast!  I then tied beige string/twine (I picked the string up at a local garden supply shop) around the panel and matted it to a dark reddish brown card stock.  The cream colored  note card is 5" X 7", which I distressed with Vintage Photo and stamped with the different stamps in the Hero Arts clear set "Paris", which I really like.  It's the newest stamp set I have.  The sentiment is perfect for a fun greeting for the "Getting Ready" image. On the note card,  I stamped the "Envelope Pattern" in Frayed Burlap and Antique Linen Distress Inks, then randomly stamped the Eiffel Tower, Fleur de Lis, chocolate box, and crown in Vintage Photo and loved the background, especially when I put the panel on top.  I then added a button die-cut  distressed with Vintage Photo Distress Ink (no idea what brand) with a real button on top under the twine.

After finishing the card, I realized I had an entry for the Die Cut Divas challenge for this month too.  If you use die-cuts or embossing folders, no matter what machine, come visit this group for fun, inspiration, and challenges!  And last, but not least, you can't leave flickr without visiting the flickr Hero Arts group.  Talk about fun and inspiration and challenges...


3 comments:

Lisa Carroll said...

This is wonderful, Arlene! I LOVE your embossing... it really pops and has nice contrast! And I think you hid the word "rock' extremely well! I never even noticed it until you pointed it out... great job! This is just lovely... thank you for playing along with us over at A Blog Named Hero! :)

Melissa Shea said...

What a pretty stamp! Great job on the embossing! Thanks for playing with us at a Blog Named Hero :)

Mary Dawn said...

lovely, so elegant :) i love this stamp and i've never made a card with it...i need to drag her out! thanks so much for playing along with Challenge #4 at A Blog Named Hero!!