Monday, February 28, 2011

Sketch and Color me in!




Sketch and colors... oooh, oh my, nice and simple, sweet and fun. As soon as I saw this sketch, I knew I had to try it. This should be so much fun! Scoot on over to The Daily Marker to see the challenge. I really did have such fun with a Hero Arts Art of Style Digital Design Kit and a sentiment from a Hero Arts clear set Friends, # CL351. I had printed this particular print wider than normal and had it lying in my printed stash, just waiting its turn. I didn't have the exact Copic colors listed for the challenge, but I thought I could improvise and so I chose Powder Blue, B41, Buttercup Yellow, Y21, Chines Orange, YR09, and Dim Green, G40 as alternative colors. I hope you like it. Lighter and darker areas are still the same color, just not as saturated.

4 comments:

Virginia L. said...

What a wonderfdul take on the color challenge!!Love the soft colors for the birdie image! Beauful shabby chic card, arlene!

Kathy said...

Oh my this is so elegant and so artsy too. I am so happy that you took the time to play with the first color throw down. Thank goodness it's a random draw...how would I choose. Hugs, Kathy

susanne said...

This is a wonderful card, so beautiful! I love your subtle use of the challenge colours.

Lili said...

Lovely card, I like the elements you've incorporated. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Liliana