Sunday, June 1, 2014

Strike Me Cheery

for the new challenge and our sponsor Hero Arts.  

Here's my card for opening day, well, unless I make something else I like better.   Loving how water coloring is the rage now.  
Pink, Purple (sentiment), yellow, orange

The one thing you can't see is the sparkle.  The card base is shimmering with Sparkle Sheer Shimmer Spritz while the watercolor panel shimmers with a homemade mist of Perfect Pearls in a Tim Holtz mister bottle.  You have to love those mister bottles - honestly the best!

I used a new Hero Arts clear set Hello Flower, CL774 with the matching die set, Blossom Cuts (DI096) from the Starry Nights catalog.  I had water colored an entire page of water color paper and just die-cut the flower.  That's Stickles around the flower center.

Here's how I put together the background.  I bought a cheap children's set of water colors (couldn't find anything else at the time) for the online watercolor class I took beginning May 5th.  The background was colored on watercolor paper in yellow and red, making orange and pink in the process.  Leaving the card wet so the water colors would puddle in the holes of my Dreamweaver stencil Triangle Weave.  I put a weight on the stencil while the water colors dried and created the unique background.  I took a Distress Ink pad in Dusty Concord and rubbed it all over a piece of watercolor paper and die cut  it using a Memory Box die "cheers" script.

I really like the cheery colors and of course, I love Hero Arts products.  The matching dies with this set are a fantastic time saver.

Hope you like the card.



3 comments:

Dawn T said...

Beautifully done Arlene

Anonymous said...

Yes, Arlene, I really love the lovely colors and how you did the flower and the die word. Very pretty and inspiring! Now it's my turn, eh?

Angela said...

Arlene, your card is magnificently and artistically beautiful!