Saturday, June 21, 2014

A FINISHED PROJECT!

FINISHED this morning!  My LSS, The Stamp Art Shoppe in Roseville, California, USA is hosting a contest and I usually don't do anything other than cards, but this time I wanted to do something more.

The contest must have a Julie Nutting doll.  This is like paper dolls for adults.  I had die-cut the doll and dress,then found some deep blue ribbon (almost black, it's so blue) that would make for a silky frock for the dear to wear.  The ribbon is pleated and about 11/2 inches wide.  I wrapped it around the doll until she had most of a dress on her.  I took Black Soot Distress Stickles and stickled the top of her black dress.quite heavily.  WOW... you can't see the glitter here, but it's quite amazingly glittery I gave her long hair plus bangs from the stamp and die set, "Halie".  Since I have more than one doll, I stole the hat and boots from another doll named "Priscilla".  Don't worry about Priscilla.  I can make her another set of boots.

I found the black chalk board at Michaels.  It's not only a black board, but the other side is a white board about 11 inches tall & 7 or 8 inches wide.  The two boards are held together at the bottom by about 6 inches of cording. I saw this and had my project thought out.  The beautiful flowers are from Hero Arts and the butterflies are from the new Hero Arts Butterfly die. Lots of fun putting this together.




Recipe:
Hero Arts Butterfly - DI078  (yellow butterfly from almost a buttercup yellow thick glitter paper, all      other butterflies are recycled from tissue boxes)
Hero Arts Blossom Cuts DI096
Hero Arts Hello Flowers CL774
Julie Nutting A4 Buff Paper Pad - page used for doll's body
Julie Nutting Tag Pad Hancock Park (tag)
Open weave 5 inch wide ribbons (Hobby Lobby in their fabric section)
Chalk Board stands upright and all materials held on by glue dots.



1 comment:

Dawn T said...

stunning Arlene. An awesome project.