Sunday, June 15, 2014

Mod Town California

 This reminds me of a modern busy city, sun shining brightly, traffic moving along, buildings rising to touch the sky.  The hot sun seems to be burning hot, beaming down on this city, heating up the cars to sweltering temperatures, just like here in Sacramento area last week, 106 degrees Fahrenheit.  It took me awhile to put this together because I water colored the background, then i waited until some kind of illumination might hit me so I could continue to build this card.  I never saw any light except this sun, so I just kept adding something day by day and the card turned out better than I thought it would.


Recipe:
Hero Arts Operation Write Home (OWH) You're a Rainbow CL765 (sun)
Hero Arts OWH What a Guy *CL753
Lots of die-cuts
Cars cut on Cuttlebug out of a Coke can  (Yes, I do recycle.)
Distress paint tarnished brass

  

1 comment:

Monika Reeck said...

dear Arlene..I love your cute scene...totally cute and great idea , nice watercolor background too and sweet sunshine there...lovely scene Arlene..how are you today...hugs from Munich, Monika