Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Sitting on a Bench

I got a new die and thought I'd try it out.  Yes, those are new dies on the front of the card too.  I kept the front simple and white.  I thought it fitting for an anniversary card.


I think the inside is marvelous, if I don't say so myself.  The Garden Bench is fun to make and you can check out the Karen Burniston video on YouTube to see exactly how to set up this bench.  I did.  A little help goes a long way.


A Close-up of the bench woven with a branch on the back and the Hero Arts Lattice stamped in Silver.

Recipe:
Hero Arts wood block stamp - Happy Anniversary (very old stamp)
Hero Arts wood block stamp - Lattice (I don't see it on the website, but there is a cling stamp called Lattice          Background that looks much like this one - 331065
Hero Arts A Little - CL758 - (Love sentiment)
Light blue note card folded inside out
Elizabeth Crafts die - Garden Bench
Impression Obsession die -  (DIE161-N) - bird on a branch in the card
Spellbinders Nestabilities Radiant Rectangles used on front and inside with Love stamped on it
Copic Markers

The Lattice is stamped on the blue note card centered in the middle.  I folded it so the pattern showed through the bench.   I die cut the branch on which the bird is sitting one more time so I could add depth in back of the bench and bring the branch lower as well as taking from the back of the bench across the bench back.

I really like how this turned out and hope you do too.

2 comments:

Dawn T said...

Awesome Arlene. It is stunning.

Cindy C. said...

OMG it's really gorgeous inside and out!!!