Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Coloring with Copics on White Embossing

Here's something new I learned at my local stamp shop, The Stamp Art Shoppe the beginning of June.  I colored several stamped images in class and then made cards at home.  My other images were trial runs, but the card below, I'm quite satisfied with.  You need mostly a solid surface for the embossing powder to stick to and then color.  .I think this flower might be a Penny Black stamp, whatever it is, I love this.  I could color this all day!  This flower turned out fantastic. 
 I hope you try coloring on a white embossed image with your Copic markers to see what you can do.  Because the ink won't soak into the paper and just sits on the top of the embossed image, you will be moving the ink around on top of the embossing.  You may need to give this some seconds to dry, but you won't see the subtle blending normal to Copics.

3 comments:

Cindy C. said...

It's stunningly beautiful!!!

Cat Craig said...

Arlene, this is spectacular! Wonderful colors. Thanks for sharing the technique.

Monika Reeck said...

wooowww the flower at the black paper looks stand out Arlene, great colors too...lovely flower card....hugs, Monika