Saturday, June 7, 2014

Flowers and Butterflies, All Aglitter

Back to show you a couple more cards I made on May 31st with a great teacher Elizabeth from Elizabeth Crafts.  We were all hustling and bustling.  Copic markers are fabulous on this Silk Microfine glitter.  Take a look at this great YouTube video with Els showing how to take the sticker from beginning to end.  She explains it so easily and you can see what she is doing, which helps a lot.  I won't be trying to photograph putting a card together because the video is fantastic.

If you didn't know before, the black outline is a sticker.  I believe this is the Accordion Fancy Die at Elizabeth Crafts.  The center panel is on acetate, the pink panel on the inside and the colored flower on the outside.  The small sections that would hold the panels together have been snipped so you can give this die another look.

Close-up of the glittery image.  I loved coloring this.  It just adds another dimension.

Tri-fold card.  This is the front panel.  Just don't keep coloring.  Make nice sweeps of your Copic marker and then leave it alone.  You can use your Copic blender or you can use another color to blend in.  Just don't keep coloring.  

Inside of the tri-fold.  Even the colorful borders (Fancy Framed Edges) are dies 
that match the accordion dies.  

Folding this card was a challenge for me.  I don't know a valley from a mountain.  

You can see I finally found my valleys and mountains.  I really do like this card.

2 comments:

Cat Craig said...

These are fantastic Arlene! I am a fan of glitter and you have colored the images wonderfully!

Small T said...

Hi Arlene, Both of these cards look amazing! I absolutely love your shimmery flower and butterflies! So beautiful! :-)

Thank you so much for entering the giveaway on my blog!

XoXo Tone