Sunday, August 25, 2013

Give the Flower Power!

I have seen this flower used so many times in the Hero Arts Flickr group that I absolutely HAD to get it.  Like I really need another flower....  Obviously I DID!  Hero Arts Painted Flower is the easiest way I've ever seen to watercolor.  When I made a card for a retire, I used the flower to see what inks and paper I might want to use.  Here, I used cold-press water color paper.  Yes, stamping cold-press is not my first choice, but I do like the way it turned out.

I didn't know if I'd use this flower because it didn't hold the paint on the paper, but the more I looked at it, the more I liked it.  The catalog was the inspiration for the flower, but I've been seeing so many great colors smooched across papers that I decided to try it to and I LOVE it.   See Jennifer McGuire's "Wish" card here for a spectacular example of colors.  I couldn't help try colors too.  This was fun.

Recipe:
Hero Arts Painted Flower K5767
Hero Arts Glow Girl CL650 - sentiment
Cuttlebug
Spellbinders circle and Lacy Circle die-cuts

1 comment:

joy said...

beautiful card, Arlene! I love that flower, too.