Sunday, August 18, 2013

A Painted Flower

Sometimes you need a card for an occasion that you'd rather not have to need.  Someone who retired from state service, recently passed away and so a card I was making for a happy occasion turned into a card of condolence.  

I made the card without a sentiments, so added the sentiment.  Those who remembered Maddie signed the card and I went to the reception after the funeral, delivering my card.  I had never used this flower and bought it because of all the beautiful cards I'd seen made with it.  I took one look at the "Stamp your Story" and fell in love with the image all over again.

I think this card is a special card for those who are left behind.  I love the watercolor look and the elegance of it.

Hero Arts Painted Flower K5767
Butterflies are die-cuts
Cuttlebug
Ranger Distress Inks
Entering the Hero Arts challenge

1 comment:

joy said...

Very beautiful and very appropriate for a sympathy card!